Friday, January 27, 2012

Our Journey

Gerry and I got married in December of 2009. We started trying to start our family in April of 2010. I quickly became pregnant in June of 2010. We found out on Father's day and we were so happy! Unfortunately July 4th weekend I started spotting and I had a confirmed miscarriage at 6 weeks along July 7, 2010. We waited the allotted time and started trying to start our family again.

In September of 2010 we learned we were pregnant again and a few days later I started bleeding again. I had a chemical pregnancy which is when the egg doesn't implant all the way.

We started trying to get pregnant again and this time it didn't happen so quickly. In late February of 2011 we found out we were pregnant again. I was so nervous this time and we didn't share with anyone right away. The day before my first doctor's appointment at 8 weeks, March 20, I started bleeding again and miscarried that night. We were devastated. I started thinking we weren't going to be able to have a successful pregnancy and I was crushed. After waiting the allotted time again, we started trying to conceive again and I tried to keep it off my mind.

In April 2011 Gerry and I graduated and moved to California to get ready for law school. We stayed at his parents over the summer and I tried not to stress about it. We moved again in August to our current location in Woodland Hills for Gerry to attend Pepperdine Law in Malibu.

We found out we were pregnant again in September of 2011. My previous doctor suggested going on progesterone the next time I got pregnant to support the pregnancy in the beginning. I found a doctor and got on progesterone immediately when I guessed I was around 5 weeks pregnant. The doctor brought us back a week later to do an ultrasound to see if this pregnancy was viable. Which leads me to my next post...

2 comments:

  1. wow, I never knew about all of this. Such a hard trial to go through. How happy I am you have two beautiful daughters now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I never knew about all of this. Such a hard trial to go through. How happy I am you have two beautiful daughters now!

    ReplyDelete